Monday, October 19, 2009

Love

As the night of the veils came pouring down..
I would lie back on the soft wet grass..
admire the star's glowing smile
" Oh look! A shooting star" he said
A bright streak across the night sky appeared
" let's make a wish"
I closed my eyes,
and made a wish..
That nothing may pull us apart..

As the night of the stars start to fade..
the sun hung high in the sky..
greeted me with it's warm embrace..
" I have to go now" he said eagerly..
he slammed the door behind him..
I ran for him,
I hugged him tight around me,
not wanting to let go..
He pushed me aside..
I stood there..
as the love of my life disappears from my sight

Though vast distances has managed to seperate us,
but our love for each other still remained strong..
I wrote countless letters to Him..
to let him know how much i Loved him..

gun shooting, explosions and death filled the air..
i got really worried..
He hasn't replied any of my letters..

One day..
the doctor called up..
when i began to speak..
a chill ran down my spine..
i drop the receiver..
i ran to the hospital..
to see him..

Oh gosh..
he lied on the bed..
as pale as ever..
he looked like a dead man..
i tried my best to blink away my tears..
but every time i glanced at him..
tears started to roll down my cheeks..

"he couldn't remember a thing"
the doctor said
" not even his name..
hit real hard on his head..
out cold.. can't tell whether he would survive this..
so i thought it would be best if you came down here.."
those words plunged through my heart..
leaving it bleeding..
what happened to you?

as i slowly sat next to you..
i could still hear you breathing..
his heart beat was like the saddest metronome..
i reached out for his hand.. holding it tightly..
my eyes moist with tears..
to see my prince badly injured..
i leaned over and kissed him right on his lips..
and told him " i love you"

Just before i was about to let go of my hand..
your quickly grab hold of my hand..
not letting me go..
just like how i never wanted to let you go..
he finally opened his eyes..
and shifted his glance towards me..
i called out to you..
but you turned away..

after months of recovery,
you're as fit as a fiddle..
ever since you turned your back at me,
i stopped writing you letters..
because i don't know that our love for each other is still there..
the letters he sent to me during the war..
i kept it aside ..
in the attic..
hoping that it won't be seen..
ever again..


a few days later..
"ding" the doorbell cried..
i had an unexpected visit from you..
oh Gosh.. you look as gorgeous as ever..
with that thick lock of yours..
your deep brown eyes..
you mustered a smile..

tears streamed down my face..
when i looked at him it reminded me when he turned his back against me..
i burst into tears..
then the truth came spilling out..
" i turned away from you because i don't want you to see me like this..
it's not a really pretty sight..
and you do know that i love you so..
that's why i don't want you to feel the same pain that i had been through..
i was torn and shattered..
but time had healed that wound..
Now, i have finally found you again..
so here i ask you..
would you marry me? to be the only one i forever love?"
those words rang clear in my head..
i kissed him on the lips..
and he slipped the ring into my finger..
a symbol of our happily ever after..
my wish came true after all

Love is such a powerful thing..
once said..
it could unite a man and a woman..
brings joy and happiness..
and could even bring two enemies together as friends..
Never take love for granted..
For love is the bond that brings this whole world together..


I know.. you guys must be thinking.. why am i writing all this rite? well, i wrote a lot of short stories before PMR and as i promised i'll post one of them at my blog.. .. and i know it isnt really good.. but comments are highly appreciated.. thanks for reading :D

1 comment:

Nic. said...

The starting didn't quite catch me, but it ended quite well.
Write more, Nix.