Sunday, December 13, 2009

of love

As the night started to wash across the sky..
Stars silhouetted against the dark sky..
Followed by the moon trailing behind..
It enhances the night sky..
bringing it to life..

The moon shone brightly in the night..
it's brightness penetrates through my curtains...
As I gaze out of the window..
What a pretty sight I see..
And only came to realize that Christmas is near.

Green, Red! are all the colours I see..
Decorations hung across every inch as far as my eyes could see..
Christmas songs were played throughout the shopping malls..
adding a little Christmas spirit to my heart..
My heart leaped with joy..
like a metronome that'll beat non stop..
" Christmas is near " I muttered to myself happily..

It's funny really..
That no one actually truly understands the fathom of Christmas..
Some are in for the presents..
Some are in to spread the joy of Christmas..
Some are in just to have fun..
But these people are missing the point here!
The birth of the Lord is coming!
A savior who was sent by God to come down to earth to save us from suffering..
A savior, his son.. his only son ...

I lay back at the sofa flickering through the channels ..
Christmas themed movies were played..
It ached my heart really..
to see what people think of Christmas..
Christmas inclined towards Santa Claus more than our savior.
I often asked myself
Why isn't the world teaching the children of God about the true meaning of Christmas?
But instead blurred up our minds with the selfish teachings of the earth.

Snow started falling,
pattering against my shoulders.
Flowers, Roses were given out by the park..
I took a boquet of flower..
As I thought that my house needs a little colour..
I walked to the park ..
and I heard the sound of carolings echoed throughout
As I was walking..
I saw statues of the 3 wise men, Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus..
I walked up towards the statue of Baby Jesus,
his smile overturned..
My heart was filled with sadness...
I said a silent prayer..
and placed a boquet or roses in front of him..
and the frown flipped the other way up..
that smile overwhelmed me with joy :)
and I could never take that smile of my mind..
because I felt love ..

Weird, how one smile changes a person's feeling.. :)
and how a little sense of care made us felt love..
Well, that's Christmas..
Christmas isn't about the presents you find under your tree..
But to celebrate the coming of Christ! :)
And the best time of the year to be with your family and friends..
It's not about receiving..
but it's about giving..
People, do not let earthly teachings blocked you against the true meaning of Christmas..
Alas.. I'd like to take the opportunity to say
:" Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year "

from the Dominic's :)

No comments: