Saturday, November 13, 2010

I lost

To : somebody who was once special to me


Exhaustion filled my limbs,
Weariness swept across me,
Weakened by the second.
I dropped my weapons,
Turned my back.
I've lost.
I've lost the battle.

Never have I thought,
Of seeing daylight again.
Over-confidence,
is a word to describe me.
I've abased you,
Thinking that it would be easy.
But I was wrong.

Now that you've unmasked yourself,
I can now truly see your true self.
Shame overshadowed me,
I cursed under my breath,
This was not meant to happen.
I've let my guard down,
and you've overpowered me.
I lost.
I've lost the battle.

Seeing you across the room,
triumphing, rejoicing over your victorious win.
You gathered your friends ( are they ? ),
bragging away like a conceited brute.
It burns my ears,
Just by hearing your words.
I can't help it,
but walked away.
I lost.
I've lost the battle.

YOU,
with your words like poison,
you shatter peoples heart into millions of pieces.
You don't even realize,
Every step and actions of yours,
is hurting somebody tremendously.
But you don't know,
what you don't know.

YOU!
keep your loud opinions to yourself,
because nobody really cares.
With your words like knives and swords,
you pierced my heart,
and left a scar behind.

Someday,
Somebody will turn the tables over.
You think you're innocent,
But your words slipped out of your fowl mouth,
and broke their heart.
It's not too late to change,
I thought you would,
But your numbness forbids you.

All this time,
I walk with my head held low,
trying to block you out of my sight.
But this time,
I held my head high,
and forced a weak smile,
telling myself " its alright "
This battle isn't over,
It's a new beginning.
The chapter may end now,
but the story goes on.

I lost.
I've lost the battle.
I looked up,
saw you across the room.
I'm not giving up just yet,
I'd rather die trying,
than to forfeit.
I may have lost,
but I'll triumph again.
Obstacles may come my way,
But I'll surpass them.
You may think you're the best,
but there's always somebody better than you.

Think about it.

I lost.
I've lost the battle.
Savour your victorious moments.
Because this girl is about to get you back!
I may have lost,
but everyday is a new day.
You motivate me,
making me better day by day.
I lost.
But we'll see in time,
who truly wins this battle.








No comments: