Thursday, June 10, 2010

:)




Everything felt like a dream,
I pinched myself hard,
Only to realize that this time,
It was really happening.

I look out of the window,
I saw the scenic view I once dream of.
My breath fogged up the glass,
And I drew a funny face.

As I walk down the boulevard,
The chilly wind started blowing.
I held my coat closer to me,
And my scarf wrapped tight around my neck.

When my gaze were locked at the clock,
My mind would run a million miles,
Thinking what will you be doing back home.

Light penetrated through my curtains,
I glanced through the window.
I saw the night sky washed across the landscape,
Silhouette with the shinning stars,
The glowing moon beaming back at me.
My mind went miles ahead of me,
Is this the exact view you're seeing back at home?

Snow started pattering on my shoulders,
It's snowing alas!
Everywhere was covered with white blankets.
Snowballs flew over, under and through me,
The cold, frozen ice ball melted against my warm cheeks.
The laughter of children filled the air,
Housewives sweeping snow off the pavement,
Guys sweeping snow off their vehicles.
This is life here.
And I'm loving it.

Sitting beside the warm fireplace,
with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands.
My whole body was still shivering from the cold.
The hot drink warmed my entire system.
The heat kinda reminded me of home.
How I missed the heat..
The warmth..

Here I am,
On my bed,
Cuddled in my blanket,
Holding my pillow tightly,
Resting my head against it.
Just by thinking about my vacation,
It got me all nostalgic.
Another chapter of my life completed.
A good bed time story to tell my future generation.
And a good adventure to reminisce about in the future.
I'm back.
And I'm glad. :)

Don't shed a tear,
because it's over,
But smile,
because it happened

No comments: